That was my response to Kim's email about two weeks ago when she announced that she was moving to London because she got a job offer that she couldn't pass up. Yes, the same Kim that was mine and Michele's roommate in college, the same Kim that was in my wedding party, and the same Kim that has been working in NYC for years now. Insane for me to think about but it is reality and reality happened fast because as of yesterday she is now in London.
Last Sunday, Michele, Scott, Nate and I went to send our farewells to Kimmy at her parents' house in Jersey. (Marcic you were missed!) Kim begged to have Nate come to her parents because she hasn't seen him in awhile. I tried to warn her that Nate is no longer the mellow kid that just soaks everything in and can sit still. Now he is running, exploring, and touching everything! So despite my concerns about the situation in Mr. and Mrs. Lane's house, we brought Nate to make Kim happy. And of course, Nate proved me right and touched everything and was running around everywhere. At one point, I think Kim said to me, "Is this what you do all day with him because I am out of breath?"....Scott and I laughed.
To Kimmy, Everyone is soooo proud of you on this new chapter in your life. We all still can't believe it. You better take a lot of pictures and send emails as much as you can! Can you imagine Michele, Marcic and me coming out to London just us girls??? I crack up laughing just of the thought of the three of us in an airport!! lol! WE LOVE YOU!!
No comments:
Post a Comment