First on the list was Carrie from Vegas!! For those of you that know, I taught with Carrie at Cheesequake School. Carrie and Jerry moved out to Vegas over 2 years ago! She came to visit Nate on Wednesday, December 19th with Amy. Nate showed the ladies his new tool set and his moves on the dance floor. Then on Saturday, December 22nd, I went into the city with Amy, Debbie and Carrie for a girls' day. We shopped, saw the tree, and ate! It was such a wonderful day!
*** Kim- I hope you enjoy the pics of the tree. Sending you some NYC love over there in London!!***
Next on the list was Darren from LA. Judy and I grew up with Darren and his brother Jeremy. Darren moved out to LA after he graduated college. Even though we already saw Darren at the Hanukkah party, he got the whole Sandler Clan (and himself) tickets to see an off broadway play called, "A Kid's Life" on Sunday, December 23. It is a play dedicated to kids about life and growing up. I never thought Nate would sit through the whole thing, but he did and on Scott's lap. The theater was not that big, which was great but it was packed. Nate was glued to the whole show (it was an hour long) and the show was adorable. We HIGHLY recommend it because of the music, props, and how vivid everything was. If you go to www.akidslife.net , you can check it out yourself. I think there is only a few shows left in NYC, but if you can, get tickets!! Thanks again to Darren for the special Hanukkah treat and I am sure that Nate will not forget his first NYC play!!! You are the best!!
After the play, Darren went into work for a few hours and we headed towards the tree. We took some family pics, saw the ice skaters and got a chance to walk around. The weather was wet but on the warmer side. We had a fantastic day!!
Last on the list was Shannon who was my freshman college roommate at U of H. Shannon and Rudy moved to Florida over a year ago. They were in town for the holidays and on Wednesday, December 26th, Nate and I took a road trip to Long Island to see them. It was Shannon's first time meeting Nate and it was so good to see her!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment