I left work early and raced from work, to home so I could pick up Sarah's car b/c it had the carseat in it, and then off to the hospital to meet up with Sarah. As we went into the Special Care Nursery they kept telling us we need to fill out the discharge papers. It was all surreal as we were going over the papers, the rules for taking care of Caden. (Basically he will get what he wants.) Once the 2 hour process was over we were off to pick up the Natester to be a family of four at home!
As we got Nate in the car, he says "Hi Baby Caden". The official introduction could not have been smoother. As we approached our house, again Nate says to Caden "Caden, I saw a motorcycle!" Cutest thing Sarah and I have ever heard!!! So we are all home, and the night was really smooth. There were two false alarms with the monitor, one time I just pulled the wires right out by accident. Nate slept with no problem.
As a very proud, happy, relieved Daddy, I am officially closing the "Come Home Caden Campaign"!!!!!!! Thank you to every single person who has sent all of their wishes via the seven different methods of communication. Sometimes it is corny to say thanks but screw corny. We did not have as horrible of a time with Caden as some babies do. But for us, it was enough to handle. We truly wish we could thank each and every single person, but the responses came from around the world, and with a newborn, the doctors frown about traveling on airplanes for a while. So from the complete Sandler Clan - Scott, Sarah, Nate, Caden, and Monica, and a few fish . . . .
THANK YOU
THANK YOU
THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!
There is a reason you are all in our lives, and we have found out that reason this past week! If you have a bad day, please know that we are wishing you a great and happy day because that is what each of you deserve!!!
While Caden enjoyed his luxury suite in the hospital, the nurses had radio music playing constantly. Call it coincidence, but a specific song was on each time we were in there. Maybe because radio stations are hooked on playing the same song over and over, but Sarah and I enjoy this particular song. So here is the link to it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LYhrYHmUPn0
No comments:
Post a Comment