Sunday, February 08, 2009

Bittersweet

Tomorrow night Nate will be sleeping at my parents so that we can get to the hospital by 5:30 Tuesday morning. With that said, Scott and I realized that tonight was our last night just the three of us and for some reason it hit me, a pit in my stomach...but in a bittersweet way. It is really happening.

Nate hasn't been feeling well the past couple of days with a fever and runny nose so we put him to bed earlier than usual tonight. As we were doing our bedtime routine and saying goodnight, Nate couldn't have been any cuter. Giving us tons of "big" hugs and kisses, we almost didn't want to leave the room. The best was when Nate said to Scott, " Daddy, no, I love you more!".. I think we both melted. How did we get so lucky?

We have our routines down pat and our life is about to change, for the better, again. We have no doubt that Nate is going to be an amazing big brother and we can't wait to see him take on that role.

And now Nate is sleeping, Scott and I are watching the Grammys. We are all set for Tuesday and couldn't be more excited. I love the family of the three of us, but looking forward to the four of us!

No comments:

Authors

Now Listening:ssandler77

I was here