Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Nate Can Swim!

I know I said I would get last weekend's pics up, but it is taking me awhile to get every one's together. So in the meantime, I am posting a couple of videos from Nate's swim class. Tonight was the last class for the second time.

The YMCA does not believe in wearing "swimmies" or any other "floatie"device that makes kids think that they are swimming when they are just being held above water. At the Y, the kids only wear a bubble around their backs so that it gives them some buoyancy. This way the parents aren't constantly holding onto their child. The parent still needs to be right there with their child guiding them. Tonight the instructor saw that Nate was doing well and asked Scott not to hold on to him as much and let him try to swim to him or to the wall....so Scott did as told....and it worked!! We still can't believe that Nate kept his head above water for so long and moved at the same time.

We ended up signing Nate up for one more session because it goes till the middle of June and we think that he will benefit from it considering how well he has done so far!












Go Nate!!! We are so proud!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OMG Im going next week.. When did you sign him up again. What day of the week?

Authors

Now Listening:ssandler77

I was here