Wednesday, June 06, 2007
What it means to make a commitment.
Back in September I told my students that I would grow my hair for "Locks of Love." At the time I thought, "No problem, I can do this! It will grow in time."..Then the months began to pass quickly and my students kept asking when the day would be. Well before I knew it, it was May and I realized that I made a commitment to my students and I had to follow through, otherwise what kind of role model am I? My hair was not as long as I wanted it to be for my own taste but it was long enough for Locks of Love (10 inches). The appointment was made for June 6. This afternoon, the whole fourth grade couldn't have been more excited. My hairdresser Alexia was kind enough to come into school to do the honors. With about 50 students and a whole bunch of teachers who couldn't resist to watch, my classroom was packed to the fullest. I gave a quick lesson on the benefits of "Locks of Love" and expressed the improtance of helping others out. (Even when you are not ready to do it). With that said, take a look at my new SHORT hairdo! After school we had our End of the Year Party.


Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Your hair looks amazing, Sars, and all for a wonderful cause! I wish I had done it when I cut off all my hair. You look more like a model than ever! :)
Post a Comment