Hi there. It has not been too long since our last update. As for October here we go. . .
First up was the Please Touch Museum in Philly The first weekend in October, We packed up and headed to Philadelphia for the trip. We were able to secure a date with our cousins the Shianos and the Philly Sandlers. We had a big breakfast at the Philly Sandlers minus Brett and Jamie. But we were lucky enough to have them join us at the museum. After a big breakfast we headed down I-95 to the Museum.
We had a great time with everyone and it was great to see the cousins play. We also had the pleasure of meeting Devon for the first time. After several hours of playing, picking up a small toy (thanks Bubbie and Pop-pop) the NJ Sandlers hopped in the Element and headed for home. 2 minutes in the car and both kids were OUT!
Apple Picking - Since it is the season, and I needed to make an apple crisp, we went over to Battleview Orchards to go apple picking. Of course we picked a weekend when it was the coldest rain of the year. We did get many great apples and hung out with Aunt Judy for a little. We also took a stroll through the pumpkin patch. We didn't pick up any because it was too wet.
Cheesequake Firehouse
The Cheesequake Firehouse was having an open house so we took the boys and meet up with Tracey (a teacher Sarah works with) and her kids Ryann and Cole. We had a lot of fun and took a ton of pictures, Nate even had his first cotton candy.
Hayride, corn maze
Pumpkin Picking - Later that day we went to a local farm where there was a corn maze, and pumpkin picking. Nate and I went through the maze and it was a lot of fun. We ended up getting lost and he turned to me and said "we are not lost, we will use the sun" I didn't realize he saw the TV show man vs wild. Then we grabbed a big pumpkin and were on our way home and Nate picked out two little ones. One for him and one for Caden (his words).
Baltimore
I love traveling and can't take off any more days this year so I needed to find a place that was out of New Jersey, but within driving distance. The best I came up with was Baltimore. I booked a suite at the Hilton in the Inner Harbor. I figured the aquarium, a children's museum and abundant food supply we would have a great time. We left on Friday at night so the boys would sleep on the way. It worked out perfectly. Then going into the room, we were in heaven! I/We recommend a suite if you have 1 or more kids!!!! We all went to bed and woke up early, ate breakfast and headed out to the aquarium. It was great and the boys had a great time. We saw sharks, fish, turtles and the dolphin show.
Happy Halloween!!!!!!!!
This year we gave Nate a choice of costumes and he picked a pirate. It was the best costume we have seen in a while. Caden was an adorable lion. They had a small Halloween party at Grace's (the daycare they attend) and Sarah got to take many pictures. Then on Friday, the day before Halloween, Judy and Poppy took Nate and Caden to Sarah's school parade. And on Halloween, Bubbie came over for a bit and then Nate went trick or treating with his friends Ryann.
No comments:
Post a Comment