Sunday, September 27, 2009

Dora Allalouf - Gram 1/10 or 1/20 1919 - 8/28/2009

I know it has been a while since we have updated the blog, but before we update everyone about any of us we need to take a moment and honor the life of Dora Allalouf (Gram), Sarah's grandmom.
Since I came on the scene a little over 10 years ago, I have known Dora. Matter of fact, I think if you live(ed) in Highland Park, NJ ever, or anywhere in Central Jersey you might have known her as well. She is the outspoken, never hold back, tell it like it is, Mom to Benita (Mrs. Brokaw), Grandmom to Randy, Sarah, Judy, Susan, Scott and Vito, and great grand-mom to Danielle, Grace, Julia, Nate, Caden and Judy's first on the way.

Years ago I used to spend my weekends at the Brokaws in Jersey; therefore I got to hang out with her on many occasions, not to mention family gatherings and holidays. There was no topic spared when it came to Gram. She would also be able to tell you the weather and tell you that she is all cock-eyed. The best part about her, was that she always loved to laugh!

When Sarah and I visted her in Highland Park, she would always be sitting in the kitchen eating a sweet potato watching her baseball game (Mets). As we left, she would say bye. By the time we got to the car, this sweet innocent lady would always be watching out the window waving and then quickly go to the front door and wave again.

The last family gathering we had with her was at Caden's Naming. From now on, it will be a very bittersweet day. I would like everyone who has met her know how lucky we all were, and those who have not met her, man you missed out!


No comments:

Authors

Now Listening:ssandler77

I was here