This past week we had a doctor appointment for Caden and a conference for Nate.
As for Caden, apparently this group of doctors didn't understand why he was on the monitor. We told them that we were told it was precaution due to his "life threatening experience". Well to our surprise (not really), this past month of him being on the monitor, no episodes showed up. With that said, as long as he doesn't have any in the next month, he can be monitor free! Their rule is, two months in a row of "normal" readings with no medication.. so we are half way there! The other good news is that we don't have to keep it on him 24/7. So now I can walk around the house holding him and not have to carry this annoying monitor with me. Also, we found out that Caden is now 11 pounds and in the 90% range.. here we go again. :)
As for Nate, I had his first teacher/parent conference. I didn't even know they did that for 2 year olds, but they do! I went into the conference with the idea of how I do conferences in the public school, but it is A LOT more informal than what I am use to. I walked into the room, the teacher stood next to me and talked to me for 5 mins. Basically Nate is learning everything he needs to learn, behaves well and LOVES puzzles. I can handle that conference any day!
Two more things:
1- Caden left Jersey! That's right! He went to Long Island, NY. I decided to surprise my friend Shannon for her baby shower. She is due in June and currently lives in Florida but her family lives in NY. The Sandler boys came with me for the ride. Scott dropped me off at the restaurant/shower for a couple of hours while he took Nate and Caden out to lunch to the local mall. Scott did an awesome job with both kids and I got to enjoy some adult/girl time.
2- Nate locked himself in the bathroom! Nate has the potty training down pat...except for pooping. He refuses to poop on the potty. With that said, a friend of mine recommended having Nate go into the bathroom with his diaper on to poop so he can associate pooping in the bathroom. I thought this was a great idea and was doing it for about a week. Nate loved "hiding" in the bathroom.. until he locked himself inside! He refused to try and unlock himself and just screamed and cried loudly. My mother was over at the time and we tried using the key that we had to the door. It wasn't working. I called Scott and he heard Nate screaming through the door, through the phone. Since he heard the craziness, he told me to get a hammer and just put a hole in the door. I did so and unlocked the door once I got my hand through. I saw Nate through the hole and he was hysterical and standing far away from the door. It must have been traumatizing for him. But now, if you talk about it with him, he says that he was stuck in the bathroom but mommy saved him and now he is FREE! What a hysterical disaster!
When Scott came home, he took the broken door off by the hinges, which is what we should have thought of if we didn't panic. So now we have an open door policy at home in the bathroom until we get a new door this weekend.
I put together some pics that we have taken over the past few weeks. I went to Nate's Purim parade at school, my 32nd birthday, Brett and Jamie visit, roasting marshmallows with the Millers, feeding the seagulls at Keyport and others that I couldn't resist. ENJOY!
No comments:
Post a Comment