The one thing that I wanted this Mother's Day was a garden in the front of the condo because we had no curb appeal what-so-ever. With the help of my dear friend Fern and my parents, we got it completed the day before Mother's Day. Therefore we didn't have to do any work on Sunday! If you look back at the last entry, you can kind of see what our lack of curb appeal use to look like.
Mother's Day started off with Scott making breakfast for the three of us, cards and presents. We went to Harolds for brunch at about 11:00 am and met up with both sides of the family. Harolds, for those of you that don't know, is known for their enormous dishes which are basically family style NY deli. You will see what I am talking about in the pictures.
After lunch the Philly Sandlers came over to our place and hung out until my mother called and said that Gram (my grandmother) was at her house. This meant that Gram left the assisted living place which she never does anymore. So all of us headed over to my parents' house. The Philly Sandlers made a pit stop at Wawa for some coffee. Scott, Nate and I went straight to my parents and after abot five mintues, I noticed a cop car at the end of the driveway. I announced to all that were there, "Why is there a cop car here?" My mother replies with, " Oh no, is it because I accidently called 911!" You can all imagine our responses, but sure enough that was why Officer Piedmont was at her door on Mother's Day. It was quite funny watching the Philly Sandlers pull up to the house to see a cop car at my parents' house.
Officer Piedmont turned out to be very entertaining and was nice enough to let Nate check out his police car. Nate turned on the sirens and the lights. He wasn't scared as long as I was holding him. After about 30 minutes of chit chatting, the officer left. He must have been really busy that day in Old Bridge.
Once the Philly Sandlers left, we left a few mins later too. Scott took me to this shoe store that I have been hearing so much about in Holmdel called MJM Shoes. Not sure if it is in other states or not, but it is just like a DSW, but I think bigger. So Scott dropped me off for about 20 mins and it was really nice to have some alone time in a shoe store! Eventually Scott came back with Nate and as he was looking in the mens section, he noticed that Nate put two little white silica gel beads in his mouth. Apparently one of the packets opened up and they were spread out on the floor. Scott found me and we freaked! I called my mother, who gave us the number to poison control. Turns out that those beads are non-toxic and we just had to make sure he stayed hydrated b/c those beads are to soak up moisture in the shoe boxes. The lady on the phone to poison control was so calm and nice that it made me a whole lot better. First my mother with the cop and then poison control... never a dull moment!
No comments:
Post a Comment